Merging duplicate Facebook pages is a straightforward process that helps you consolidate two or more pages with similar names or themes into one single page. This not only helps you keep your content organized, but also ensures that your followers have access to all your information in one place. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to merge duplicated Facebook pages:
- Make sure you’re an admin for both pages: You must have admin privileges for both pages in order to merge them. If you’re not an admin for both pages, you’ll need to contact the other admin and ask them to add you as an admin.
- Determine which page you want to keep: Before you merge your pages, decide which one you want to keep as the main page and which one(s) you want to merge into it. The page you want to keep should have the most followers, the most active engagement, and the best overall content.
- Go to the “Settings” section of the page you want to keep: Once you’ve decided which page you want to keep, click on the three dots in the top-right corner of your page and select “Settings.”
- Click on “Merge Duplicate Pages”: In the left-hand menu, click on “Merge Duplicate Pages.” You’ll be prompted to enter the URL or name of the page you want to merge.
- Select the page you want to merge: Once you’ve entered the URL or name of the page you want to merge, Facebook will show you a list of matching pages. Select the page you want to merge and click “Continue.”
- Review the information: Facebook will show you a summary of the pages you’re about to merge, including the names and profile pictures of both pages. Review the information and click “Request Merge.”
- Wait for approval: Facebook will review your request to merge pages and send you an email when the merge has been approved or rejected. Once your request has been approved, the duplicated page(s) will be automatically merged into your main page.
In conclusion, merging duplicated Facebook pages is an important process for keeping your content organized and ensuring that your followers have access to all your information in one place. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily merge your pages and keep your Facebook presence running smoothly.